WHO ARE WE?
Starting with 23 members in 1950, the Bhubaneswar Club has now a membership strength of more than 3,000 members. The Club has reciprocal facilities with over 180 elite Clubs spread all over India including many Clubs abroad. The Club has made incredible and steady journey from 1950 to attain its present status as one of the prime Clubs of the country.
History of the Club
The Club’s origins are closely traceable to Bhubaneswar (know as cathedral city of India) being declared as the New Capital of Orissa State. The construction of the New Capital at Bhubaneswar began in 1946 and thus new colonies were constructed over a period of 4 years. It was during this period, the need for a Club was felt since Bhubaneswar was bereft of modern recreation facilities.
The Smart City steeped in history
Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha, is also popularly known as the “Temple City of India”. Being the seat of Tribhubaneswar or ‘Lord Lingaraj’, Bhubaneswar is an important Hindu pilgrimage centre. Hundreds of temples dot the landscape of the Old Town, which once boasted of more than 2000 temples. Bhubaneswar is the place where temple building activities of Orissan style flowered from its very inception to its fullest culmination extending over a period of over one thousand years.
The new Bhubaneswar, a designated Smart City, with its modern buildings and extensive infrastructure perfectly complements its historic surroundings. With facilities to cater to every type of visitor, Bhubaneswar makes an ideal tourist destination.